1. Wilkins, R. (2007). 'Mortality by Neighbourhood Income in Urban Canada from 1971 to 2001.' Ottawa: Statistics Canada, Health Analysis and Measurement Group.
2. Ronson, B., & Rootman, I. (2009). ‘Literacy and Health Literacy: New Understandings about their Impact on Health’. In D. Raphael (Ed.), Social Determinants of Health: Canadian Perspectives (pp. 170-186). 2nd edition. Toronto: Canadian Scholars’ Press.
3. Sarah E. Gollust, PhD,1 Brooke A. Cunningham, et al. (2018). 'What Causes Racial Health Care Disparities? A Mixed-Methods Study Reveals Variability in How Health Care Providers Perceive Causal Attributions.' Inquiry 2018 Jan-Dec; 55: 0046958018762840.
4. Mikkonen, J., & Raphael, D. (2010). 'Social Determinants of Health: The Canadian Facts.' Toronto, Canada: York University School of Health Policy and Management.
5. Brunner, E. & Marmot, M. G. (2006). ‘Social Organization, Stress, and Health’. In Marmot M. G. & Wilkinson, R. G. (Eds.) (2006). Social Determinants of Health (pp. 6-30). 2nd edition. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.
6. Schoen, C., & Doty, M. M. (2004). ‘Inequities in Access to Medical Care in Five Countries: Findings from the 2001 Commonwealth Fund International Health Policy Study.’ Health Policy, 67, 309-322.
8. Bartley, M. et al. (2006). ‘Health and Labor Market Disadvantage: Unemployment, Non-Employment, and Job Insecurity’. In Marmot, M. G. and Wilkinson, R. G. (Eds.). Social Determinants of Health. 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press.